Dan Ritcheson Starting pitcher at San Diego State. Throws mid 90's and expected to be a high draft pick. Started training at age 12
STUDENT SEAN SULLIVAN NOW PITCHING AT CAL BERKELEY. PLAYED FOR THE PRESTIGIOUS CAPE COD LEAGUE AFTER FRESH YEAR. STARTED AT AGE 11
Jeremy Polon- Cal State San Marcos; Grant Nechak- Santa Clara Univ ( expected to pick ).; Justin Katona- Lewis & Clark Univ. Started working with all three at 13
It is the belief of APA that the use of step-by-step progression to learning & motivational / mental training techniques, combined with video analysis and detailed breakdown of mechanics is the best way to advance players skill and development. Professional instruction helps to develop and enhance a youngster's ability to compete, while building their confidence and self-esteem to be the best they can be at game time. The development of baseball through structured coaching will help every player develop self confidence, good discipline, and character besides learning how to pitch correctly.
We hope to not only help the development of our player's skills, but also teach them how to accomplish a goal through having a structured process, positive attitude, and good work ethic. We take a very advanced approach to all aspects of the game, and only show our players the techniques that are taught at the highest levels. We feel that it is best to teach players advanced technique at a younger age, even though the physical and mental understanding is rather tough to grasp. We would rather challenge the players to learn advanced concepts, than teach them simplistic techniques that will ultimately need to be corrected in the future.
It is often believed young players are not mentally and physically strong enough to handle the proper techniques of baseball. APA believes that while it is harder to comprehend, our players will be at an advantage by learning the proper way at a younger age. The quality teaching of proper techniques, quality drills, mental approach, video analysis, and good coaching will truly make the difference.
- 30 plus years of experience in the sport of baseball.
- I was fortunate enough to have experienced playing at a professional level for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Coached by Major League players Steve Yaegar, Charlie Hough, Lance Parrish, and Tommy Lasorda, Alan Jaegar
- Attended and played at the University of California, Berkeley
- 4 year Varsity starter at ECR, and as a soph I was the starting pitcher in Dodger Stadium for the LA City Championship. I was a 2 time All City pitcher, and 3 times All League utility player.
- Played on various scout ball teams such as: the Braves Scout team & Dodger Elite teams, The Stanford Camp, and the Area Code scouting tourn.
HIGH SCHOOL COACHING CAREER
-Head Coach de Toledo High School
-MVP Red Sox Co Head Coach
-So Cal Waves Program Head Coach
-So Cal Cubs Scout Team Asst Coach
-3 year Varsity and JV coach at Chaminade HS
-Interim Head Coach-Varsity Baseball Program at ECR
-2 year Varsity Assistant/ Pitching Coach Calabasas HS
LESSON TIMES CAN BE
MADE OUTSIDE OF LISTED
HOURS. CALL FOR SPECIAL
Mon 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Tue 3:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Wed 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Thu 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Fri 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sat - CALL DIRECT to book